I am not ready to let go of Summer and this dip has been a favorite of ours throughout the season. try it and you’ll see why! Courtesy of my friend Cindy Barberie at Cindy’s table
- 3 cups baby kale, chopped
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil or coconut oil
- 3 thick slices of bacon, chopped
- 1/2 cup white onion, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, finely dice
- 1 14oz can artichoke hearts
- 1/4 cup or more can coconut milk, can
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a braising pan or large pan add in chopped kale over medium heat then add in water and salt. Let cook until it wilts; about 7 minutes. drain out liquid and squeeze in a paper towel then set aside.
- Using the same pan add in oil over medium heat then cook bacon until crispy. Remove from pan and lay on a plate lined with paper towel.
- Keeping the fat and oil in the pan over medium heat add then onion and garlic. Just cook for just about 2 minutes stirring using a wooden spoon.
- Drain your artichoke hearts and chop finely. Add to the pan with onions and garlic for another minute. Then add in kale. Cook together for another minute.
- Add all of the ingredients into your food processor and pulse until chopped up pretty fine. Not a puree just about 5 hits of the pulse button should be fine.
- Place in a small oven safe bowl and bake for 22-25 minutes. Serve with your favorite crackers or vegetables.