Price Chopper Presents First Book
CBS Radio Hartford is proud to be a part of First Book, presented by Price Chopper. Together with our partners Price Chopper, Shoppes at Farmington Valley, Columbia Dental, New England Air Museum, Harte Auto Group and Lincoln Technical Institute, we have helped to put a world of knowledge within reach of every child, every classroom and every community.
A nonprofit social-enterprise, First Book provides access to new, high-quality books and classroom materials for educators serving kids from low-income families. Together, we can help children in need read, learn and succeed.
First Book eliminates a critical barrier for communities, classrooms and children in need: the lack of books and educational resources. A nonprofit social enterprise, First Book provides ongoing access to new, high-quality books and classroom materials for educators and program leaders serving kids in low-income communities. Together we are working to put a world of knowledge within reach of every child. Join us online and follow our latest news on Facebook or Twitter.
- 21 years of innovation in providing new books and educational resources to children from low-income families, from birth to age 18, across the United States and Canada.
- First Book reaches more than 2 million children in need.
- Since 1992, First Book has distributed more than 110 million brand-new books.
- The largest and fastest-growing network of local educators and community program leaders serving children in need in North America, First Book reaches over 100,000 eligible classrooms and programs.
- Volunteer groups in nearly 100 communities that connect local schools and programs to First Book, and raise money to help them get the books and resources they need.
- First Book has earned a four-star rating – the highest rating rank – from Charity Navigator, the nation’s premier charity evaluator.
Coming this Fall, CBS Radio Hartford will host a First Book Reading Party, and we ask you to come join us! Check back shortly for more details.
CBS Radio Hartford and our friends at Price Chopper, Shoppes at Farmington Valley, Columbia Dental, New England Air Museum, Harte Auto Group and Lincoln Technical Institute have worked together to raise over $10,000 for First Book this year!
Proudly Sponsored by: