This is a friend of mine who is a fabulous cook! She is an author, TV personality, and her recipes are fresh and easy. Her name is Cindy Barbieri of Cindy’s Table. Here is one recipe to make me feel Fall in the air and in my mouth!If you are one of the regulars at the Southington Apple Festival each year, this will remind you of the fresh Apple products you can purchase…only now, you can whip this up at home quite easily.
Homemade Apple Butter: Ingredients:
- A large bag apples (about 12)
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon cloves
- 1 teaspoon allspice
- Set slow cooker to medium.
- Peel, core and chop apples then place in slow cooker.
- Add the remainder of ingredients, cover and set timer for 6 hours.
- Using a wooden spoon mix all of the ingredients well in the slow cooker. You can use a potato masher to give it the butter consistency.
- Reduce temperature to low for an additional 4 hours.
- Let cool and you can mash for a smoother texture or put into your food processor.
- Put in jars and refrigerate or give to your friends! Enjoy