Taco Tuesday, From Monday’s Meatloaf!
Do not tell anyone! I made meatloaf last night ( Meatloaf Monday) and today it’ll be Taco Tuesday! so I only had to cook the meat once and then just split it up and use half last night in my first recipe and the other half tonight! yay! here is the recipe for tonight: Ingredients:
- 1 lb ground beef (I use grass-fed)
- ½ large yellow onion, finely chopped
- 2 crushed garlic cloves
- 1 Tbsp cooking fat I use coconut oil! omit if you are using fairly fatty ground meat)
- 1 Tbsp Chili Powder
- 1 tsp Paprika
- 1½ tsp Ground Cumin Seed
- 1/8 tsp Cayenne Pepper(optional)
- ¼ tsp Dried Oregano
- ½ tsp Salt(to taste)
- ½ tsp ground Pepper
1. Heat cooking fat in a skillet over medium-high heat (cast iron works well here). Add ground meat, garlic and onion. Cook, stirring frequently to break up the meat, until fully cooked, about 7-8 minutes.
2. Add spices to beef. If you meat is really dry, you might want to add 1-2 Tbsp of water. Stir to fully incorporate.
3. Turn temperature down to medium and cook another 10-12 minutes, stirring occasionally, until it smells so delicious you just can’t wait another second!
4. Serve on lettuce leaves with your favorite taco toppings. Enjoy!