New Recipe: Buffalo Chicken Chili
Well there’s no denying there is a chill in the air these days. What better time to pull out the crock pot and make something warm?
I find that this time of year is everyone’s favorite time to crock pot, and I found a spicy and delicious recipe that is sure to warm up a cold night. If you’ve got men in your house this one is definitely sure to please, and a great idea for your Superbowl party!
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 1/2 cup celery, sliced
- 1/2 cup carrots, diced (these are optional, I left them out of mine but if you want those extra veggies, throw em in!)
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 cup beer or chicken broth
- 1 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (15 ounce) can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- 1/2 cup hot sauce (or to taste)
- salt and pepper to taste
- crumbled blue cheese to taste
- Cook the chicken in a large pan over medium heat and set aside.
- Heat the oil in the pan, add the onions, celery and carrots and cook until tender, about 10-15 minutes.
- Add the garlic and cumin and cook until fragrant, about a minute.
- Add the beer or broth and deglaze the pan.
- Add chicken, tomatoes, beans, paprika, oregano, cayenne and hot sauce and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Serve topped with crumbled blue cheese to taste.