Paleo Chocolate Almond Butter Bites!
So, the word “Paleo” is being thrown around a- plenty now that the new year is here and folks want to trim down. Well I have been eating this way for two years and I found it was the only way to keep weight off for me. Just wheat, gluten, sugar, and white flour free! Well, what happens is for me… my sweet tooth still needs a fix now and again(more than I would like to admit) and when it does this is the perfect dose! Dark chocolate is actually good for us and I changed from Peanut butter to almond butter as it was offered on this lifestyle eating plan. enjoy!
- Over very low heat, melt chocolate chips in a sauce pan or double boiler.
- With a clean, unused spoon drop about a tablespoon into small muffin cups..a tin that is for mini muffins!
- Place in the freezer for 10 minutes.
- Fill hardened chocolate molds with almond butter.
- Paint chocolate over the top to cover the almond butter.
- Place in freezer for an additional 10 minutes or until completely hardened.
- Carefully pop chocolates out of their molds and serve.
For best results, keep these in the freezer unless consuming. The almond butter will firm up slightly, and the dark chocolate will stay cold and crisp.