I was talking to my girlfriend Nancy the other day and we both agreed on one thing… its fabulous getting older in at least one regard: making goals and keeping them for no other reason than it is your own passion. Maybe as a young girl we lost weight, changed styles or even took up a sport because there was a certain “other goal” in mind……hmmmm, a boy maybe? lol
Anyhow if you have passion for something, and mix that with focus and dedication I am certain you will achieve. But I have another friend who always says, “but I do not know what I am passionate about!” I cannot get my mind around this very well as I have always dreamed of being on the radio for as long as I can remember and always thought that everyone knew what the were passionate about. Well, leave it to good ole’ Oprah and an article from O magazine helping us to find our passion from Life Coach Cheryl Richardson who says, “
True happiness comes when you do what you are most passionate about. Life coach Cheryl Richardson says that the clues are all around you. Uncover your true passion—and start living it!
Step Three: Answer these questions:
- What interest, passion or desire are you most afraid of admitting to yourself and others?
- What do you love about yourself?
- Who do you know that’s doing something you’d like to do? Describe yourself doing it.
- How could you make the world a better place for yourself and others?
- What’s stopping you from moving forward with exploring your passion?