I found these great tips on how to truly boost metabolism… and they come from Dr. Oz so I really trust them. Use what you like….leave the rest and as always you should check with your Doctor as you change diet and exercise routines.
Metabolic Boosting Steps
1. Be sure to drink plenty of water every day. Aim for 100 fl oz, minimum.
2. Allow your body to feel hunger. It’s a sign that your body is burning fat!
3. Eat at least 5 servings or more of veggies per day; they will keep you feeling full and regular.
4. Drop all other supplements except what is suggested.
5. Eat foods from the approved list only. Use a food journal as a daily guide.
6. Perform daily cardiovascular exercise daily for 45-60 minutes to rev your metabolism. Do something that causes you to break a sweat, but refrain from over-exercising as this may contribute to overeating following your workout.
Eat More of These Fat-Burning Foods
- Whey protein
- High-protein, low-carb bars
- All white fish
Small Green Apples (limit 2 per day)
- Pure water
- All teas, especially green tea
- Black coffee
Foods to Avoid
The following foods feed fat cells, so steer clear!
- Carbohydrates, with the exception of vegetables. Avoid bread, rice, pasta, cereal (including oatmeal), potatoes, beans and all crackers, cookies, and refined manufactured products.
- Liquid calories and juice, including homemade fresh juices, non-dairy creamers, skim milk, rice milk, soymilk and sports beverages, vitamin water, and especially alcohol!
- Fats, including healthy fats such as nuts, seeds, avocado, and oils until your body begins burning fat for fuel
- Dairy products, including all types of milk, yogurt and cheese (even if they are fat free)