An Iowa man who lost a gold ring he had made to commemorate his service in Vietnam says it has been returned to him after 40 years. John Jones, 64, had the ring customized with his infantry, initials and Social Security number after serving in the 25th Infantry Army Division in Vietnam from 1968 to 1969. Jones thought the ring was gone for good when it slipped off his finger while swimming at Lake Delhi in 1971. However, the Lake Delhi dam broke in 2010, emptying the lake, and metal detector enthusiasts, including Steve Gola of Grayslake, Illinois, were drawn to the area. “I knew it was a special ring right when I dug it up. With the eagles on the side and just the way it looked,” Gola said. Gola was able to make out the engravings after cleaning the ring and returned it to its owner. He said it took the Iowa Department of Veterans Affairs two years to track down Jones, who was presented with the ring at Veterans Auditorium in Des Moines Sunday.
Lost Ring Returned After 40 Years
November 15, 2012 2:00 PM
- 2013 Billboard Music Awards Bruno Mars Featured Artist Help I've Been Flocked! Women's Golf @ Lyman Orchards...
- Ed Sheeran Artist Gallery Demi Lovato Featured Artist Michael Buble Gallery Lumineers Featured Artist...
- UConn Huskies 2013 National... UCONN Women Beat Notre Dame!... ACM Awards Photos Artist Of The Week FUN
- Easter Egg Hunt 2013 -... Easter Egg Hunt 2013 Photo... Easter Egg Hunt 2013 Photo... Easter Egg Hunt 2013 Photo...
- .@kelliepickler and @derekhough are #DWTS season 16 champs! @DancingABC bit.ly/194sOMe 54 minutes ago
- Jim Brickman is hosting a live fan chat at 3pm today. Listen in here: bit.ly/ZcRWPe 1 hour ago
- .@Maroon5 releases paint-drenched #LoveSomebody video: bit.ly/12ut4Pm 2 hours ago
- Heard the Workday Payday Word? You have 5 min. to enter to win! Enter here: bit.ly/10N07mp or text in at **WIN(**946) on your phone! 4 hours ago
- Tune in tomorrow starting @ 9:05am for 8 more chances to win $1000! Listen for the Workday Payday Word on Lite 100.5! bit.ly/ZWDBkC 18 hours ago