Spooky Spider’s Nest: Spider Web 7-Layer Dip
This is one of those wonderful Halloween party appetizers that comes together in about 10 minutes, can be made ahead of time, and will wow everybody at your Halloween dinner party. The presentation has a ton of effect without a ton of work brought to you by http://www.divinedinnerparty.com.You can play around with the recipe to find a combination of ingredients that you like best. Some like to use this homemade guacamole recipe, but you can also use store bought if you’re short on time. Some also like refried black beans with it, but regular ones will work, too.
This Halloween party appetizer serves 10-12 people. It tastes great with a green salsa or a chipotle-based one, but you can also use a tomato-based salsa.
1 (16 oz) can refried black beans
1 (1 1/4 ounce) envelope taco seasoning
1 (4 oz.) can diced green chilies, drained (or jalapeños if you like it hot)
1 C. salsa
1 C. sour cream
1 C. guacamole
1 1/2 C. shredded cheese
2 green onions, sliced
2 C. shredded lettuce
1 C. chopped fresh tomato
A couple large bags of tortilla chips
Instructions: 1. In a small mixing bowl, stir together the refried beans and taco seasoning.
2. On a large festive Halloween tray , spread the beans in an even circular shape. Leave room around the edges for the garnish.
3. Sprinkle green chilies over. Smooth salsa over. Smooth guacamole over.
4. Place your sour cream in the end of a ziploc bag. Cut the corner off. Squeeze sour cream on top of guacamole in several concentric circles (or octagon shapes for a more authentic look). Using a knife or the handle of a fork, run lines lightly through the sour cream to make the web shape.
5. Sprinkle lettuce in a circle around bean dip. Sprinkle tomatoes and green onions over. Sprinkle cheese over.
6. Garnish with a creepy “plastic” spider and serve with lots of tortilla chips!